Monday, May 25, 2009

Work Trip: Orlando 2009


Tonight Mike and I returned home from being out of town for 14 days. For most of our trip we were in Orlando for my conference CEIC. I know I've talked many of your ears off with talk of my work (or been such a workaholic that I haven't been in touch), so I thought it might be fun to share some photos of what I do.
First, doing this event 7 1/2 months pregnant is tough! I had to sneak off to take a nap one day. And, being the dummy that I am, I overdid it two days and can now boast that I know what contractions feel like. I hope/think they were only Braxton Hicks. Luckily, I kept Mike close by to keep tight reins on me.
The trip turned out great. I had more attendees show up than I anticipated (which cause a MAJOR problem with food), Leonard Nimoy was so popular (he is really a very nice guy- he was excited for my pregnancy), and I got to see Stephanie (Mabey) Strickland my childhood best friend.
The conference was at the Loews Royal Pacific Resort, such a great hotel.



The event would have been perfect, except for the fact that it started raining monsoon like rain on Sunday afternoon and didn't stop until Wednesday. Ironically, my show runs Sunday through Wednesday. My biggest party is held pool side Sunday evening.
The rain that ruined my party.
But, our event team motto is: "it is what it is" so I improvised and still had a great party.

Here is a slide show of trip photos.

3 comments:

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Well done, MAMA!

Jasmine said...

Congrats on getting it all done! And doing it all pregnant and such, kudos!

Krystal said...

sounds like you had a good time. Hope you don't have too many more contractions between now and then... hang in there!