Wednesday, April 29, 2009

First Baby Shower

My coworkers threw us our first baby shower at the Eden Garden Restaurant in Pasadena. They threw it early (10 weeks) because we are all getting ready for my big event in 2 weeks and because they all think I'm going to stress myself and baby out too much and deliver while in Orlando (pray that doesn't happen).

We got some darling presents. Below is a picture of one of my favorites --a Winnie-the-Pooh robe and slippers.
We didn't get a lot of presents because my awesome coworkers went in together and bought us our stroller and car seat (Graco travel system to be exact).
(here's a good baby bump picture for those who have requested it)
Mike put it together when I got home that night. See how cute?
It's amazing how much smaller our apartment now seems with stroller in the front room...

6 comments:

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Hooray for great co-workers! My co-workers bought us our double-stroller. Blessings of tithing. ;o)

Jasmine said...

Yay for baby showers! Travel systems are the best!

You still look tiny--I can't believe you're getting so close to having your little girl.

If you think your apartment seems small now, wait till you get the rest of your baby shower stuff and the crib set up. (Not to mention changing table, dresser, swing, etc., etc., etc.)

Janica said...

Woo hoo. Baby showers are fun! You look good! And you say you are swelling...it's all very exciting!! Can't wait to meet her.

Krystal said...

first, I love the baby bump... so cute!

Second, are you coming up to Utah for a shower? (or to show off the baby after she's here?)

Third... If you don't come up here, I will fly down there just so I can smack you for your last comment... I WISH I only worked 8:30 to 3:30 with summers off.. then my job would truly be heavenly... Sadly, I worked til I was kicked out today at 5, and had to bring everything home with me, so I will have a fun weekend of working! I know you're jealous.

And finally... good luck in Orlando... don't pop!

Anonymous said...

Pretty soon the baby stuff will dominate every corner and crack of your apartment. However it's all worth it!

superbad ash said...

I love your cute little baby bump. I think my brother may be a little excited. We love you....give that the belly a rub for me. :)