Sunday, April 19, 2009

Day at the Races

My boss Jerry gave me some free tickets to the Santa Anita Race Track for Saturday. The tickets included free parking and free buffet, how could we pass it up. We had so much fun. Although it was pretty hot, we had a blast pretending like we understood what was going on. Anyone who is in an expert on horse racing is welcome to give me lessons!
All I know is that between Mike and I, we would be seriously good gamblers. The horse we picked to win won every time. It's very scientific how we figure it out... just before the start of the next race we would walk to the pens and see the horses for the next race. Whichever horse was the feistiest, hardest to control was my choice to win. Then we would watch as their handlers walked them out, and if the same horse we picked in the pen was giving their handlers a hard time, we knew we were right on the money. Too bad we aren't gamblers! We would have won the biggest race of the day and made lots of money.




3 comments:

Janica said...

SMILE Mike! Let's see those pearly whites!

Krystal said...

looks like a fun day! And FREE is always great in my book! How is the pregnancy going? I want to see a little bump pic :)

Amy Rex said...

I just realized that you texted me about that... Sorry that I never got back to you. I am lame! Looks like it was fun!