Sunday, March 29, 2009

Human Science Experience


Over the last few days I have begun to feel like I am a life size science experiment. This entry is not for the faint of heart.

I truly believe no one really tells you all about the crazy and bizarre things that happen to you during pregnancy. I heard about the gas, constipation, constant need to pee, etc. But, I swear I never heard about pregnancy colds or bloody noses until I was already well into the pregnancy. I never knew that my gums would bleed every time I brush my teeth--forget about flossing! Oh, the the fact that your body releases a hormone that triggers the growth of "granny hairs" on your chin. I think I know where postpartum comes from!!!

What else???? I have so much blood flowing through my veins that when I was getting my pedicure yesterday my toes kept bleeding for the poor guy barely touching my skin. How embarrassing! Last but not least, my brain officially does NOT work. I can be in the middle of a sentence and lose what I was talking about. Words that used to come so easy now disappear into the abyss of my head. I compare it to a library where there once was books, now there are gaping black holes.

And yet, the second this amazing little girl in my belly moves I forget all about the weird things and want to sit and watch her kick. I never knew I could be so wrapped around someone I haven't yet met face to face. She has started responding to my voice. And speaking of wrapped around a finger, don't even get me started on Mike. He's a goner!

3 comments:

Jasmine said...

Isn't pregnancy great? I only had two nose-bleeds, and I didn't have those problem with my gums or my feet, but I didn't know half the stuff that comes with pregnancy either until it either happened to me or I read about it well into the pregnancy.

Oh, and don't count on your brain returning to normal function once she's born. I think we're all doomed to "baby brain" forever. :)

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

I'm so glad you pinged me on my blog! I was JUST thinking about you guys today & wondering if you were still in the area or if you guys had moved.

The pregnancy brain, or lack thereof, is the WORST! I wish I could say you get it back, but I think its a lost cause.

We'll have to get together for dinner soon!

Vaness said...

Hehehe :) Kimbo you always were a trooper (I can't even spell that word!) I'm so excited for you and to hear more about your crazy experiences of being pregnant...of the loosing your mind part of things, join my world..except I didn't have to be pregnant, I just never had the ability to finish a story or sentence w/o getting lost once or twice! It certainly is new for you though! Love ya!