Thursday, May 28, 2009

Trip to Utah

This is an old post that I started weeks ago and I am just now posting...
After all of the insane work hours I put in at work, I haven't done much nesting around the house. About two month ago I felt a strong pull to go home to my family in Utah, which I think is my way of nesting.








We flew home from Orlando on Thursday, just enough time to repack bags and go to bed. Then we flew out on Friday at 7am. We were picked up by Heather and Timothy. Did I ever mention that Timothy is stinkin' cute?

We started our trip the family way, with a soccer game. Teams were Carlos and Benjamin vs Timothy and Mike. Of course Carlos and Benjamin won, it's in their blood. Kaleb gave me a perfect smile and the twins discovered my water bottle.














Later that day we went to Wheeler farm.


















On Saturday we went hiking with my sisters and the Arauzo family (minus Carlos) at Solitude. The path we took was still covered in snow, we had a blast. Go figure we could wear shorts in May in the snow. Mike was careful I didn't fall because none of my sisters wanted to deliver our baby up the mountain.














On Monday we celebrated Summer's birthday by eating a scrumptious cake. Mike and I also snuck off to buy Rogers Bakery Donuts (which are the best donuts EVER- you won't believe me until you try one). Then we went to another park to play with the O'Connors and Arauzo's.

Shortly after we came home. I think this was the best trip home that we have had in a long time for several reasons 1- because it wasn't snowing, 2- because my big show was over, so I was just starting to relax, 3- because my family is awesome.

2 comments:

Jasmine said...

Isn't it great to go home? :)

I love hiking in the snow in the spring time. There's just something refreshing about it. Maybe it's the fact that you can leave it once the hike is over....

Krystal said...

looks like you had fun... now I want to go get a doughnut from Reams... yummy... hopefully next time you come I will be able to see you. Good luck these next few weeks.