Thursday, October 16, 2008

Decorating the House


Well, I think I had better update my blog. Isn't it funny, I really thought no one read it. I've ignored it for a long time. So, imagine my surprise when I got on this evening and saw that people actually read it.

Anyone that has been to my house in the last 2 years knows that I have slowly been moving my living room color scheme to red and black. I think I have finally finished. I painted 2 bookshelves, the coffee table and some shadow boxes.

It makes me so happy to come home and see my fun decorations. Notice Mike's Robosapien on the bottom shelf. That is one serious robot--he whistles, burps, throws, talks back and dances. Who needs kids when you have a robot?

I just relocated my shadow boxes, and I got bored mid-way through hanging them. Hence the reason two of the boxes are sitting on top of each other.

All of these are nice, but the piece de resistance of our collection is the newly acquired painting we picked up from Deseret Book. I love, love, love it (did I mention love?).

5 comments:

Jasmine said...

Looks like you've been busy. I can't wait till I can decorate a place that we'll be in for longer than a year!

Karen and John said...

How fun, I am wishing that I can redecorate my house, I am just at that point where I am sick of everything. I love your colors too!!

Janica said...

Yay for decorating. Every time I go to your place, I want to go home and play with my furniture and such...but I sit on the couch instead.

Janica said...

By the way, did I mention I love your new picture too?!

superbad ash said...

I love that picture too. It's amazing how much we decorate alike. I have the interlocking boxes with my willow tree angels. My kitchen is red and black, and also has those oriental plaques as well. I love you guys.