Saturday, November 15, 2008

Fire!

I am writing to correct the myth that there are no seasons in Southern California. In fact, we have spring, summer, and fire. Fire is my least favorite season.
It just began for us. Currently we are surrounded by two fires; the Yorba Linda fire and the Brea fire. Apparently Carbon Canyon Park, where Mike and I went for a walk a few days ago is burning.
The sky is an ultra eerie mixture of grey and orange. I think I'm going to need one of those ugly white face masks soon.
I ran outside to grab some pictures, and noticed that there is so much ash falling it looks like snow (see the pictures below, the white stuff on the ground and on mygerber daisy leaves is ash).

2 comments:

Karen and John said...

The season of fire sounds awful :( I hope that they stay way away from your house. If you have to evacuate ever you are always welcome to come and stay with us for little vacation!! Keep me posted.

Jasmine said...

Yipe! I was shocked when I heard that Yorba Linda was on fire. I hope they're able to get everything contained and under control soon before any more homes and land are lost.