Sunday, January 25, 2009

Baby Bump

Well, I guess can officially announce that I'm pregnant. Mike and I are expecting our first baby on 7/8/09 (sooo easy to remember, huh?). I will be 17 weeks this next Tuesday.
Unfortunately I promised someone a photo, so alas, here it is:

I'm experiencing body inflation. This is what I look like now, but...
This is what I currently feel like












We are thrilled about the baby. We felt it move about 2 weeks before Christmas. I was sitting on the floor and my pants were pulled tight across my tummy and I thought "That is either really strong gas, or the baby is moving." So I touched my lower tummy and felt what felt like fingers brushing across my hand, separated by a thin layer of skin. I grabbed Mike's hand and he felt the baby move twice, and I felt it once more. In that indescribable moment, the world changed for us. It was magical.
Mostly since then it feels like butterfly flutterings. However, starting this last week the movement now feels like popcorn popping.
Although Mike and I would love to bask in the spotlight, we get to share this fun time with my sister Robyn (due about 2-3 weeks before us), my sister Summer (due about 1.5-2 weeks before us) and my eternal friend Jenn (due about 2-3 weeks after us). I personally think that is hilarious. (This is what I look forward to)

8 comments:

Jasmine said...

Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you! It only gets more and more magical...especially at your 20-week ultrasound. :) Keep us updated.

Krystal said...

I kinda wondered when all your christmas posts talked about being sick all the time. CONGRATS. That is so exciting! I'm sure he or she will be super cute, and probably have red hair :) I'm so excited for you, Kim... my only sadness is that I will not be joining the ranks of the pregnancy club with you and Jenn this year. (Though, after the week of naughty students I returned to after vacation, it's probably better that way!) AND - I didn't even think to get your contact info to get together while I was at Disneyland... don't worry, I'm never too far from another vacation. AND if you're up here showing off the baby next summer, I will totally have to see you then.

Janica said...

Now you have to post belly shots every 2 weeks so we can watch your little baby grow! COngrats again! We are super excited for you guys even if your due date is around so many other people.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Okay so it helps to not leave words out when I am commenting:) Anywho, I am so excited to come out and see your rounding belly! As you already know I am super duper excited for your baby now you just have to move by me so the kiddos can play;)SERIOUSLY

Jessica Garthe said...

I was wondering when you would post on here about your cute baby bump. Congrats!!!!
Love the cartoon, but I have to say it's all about the DRUGS!!!!!!!
Pain Free is the way to BE!!!!!!!

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Congrats! What great news! Hey, we wanted to have you guys over for dinner, as promised. Only problem is, I don't have any contact info. I always just looked up ppl through the ward website and now I don't have access. Can you drop me a line with contact info, pls?

So I don't get a bunch of random e-mails from spammers, heres a junk e-mail that I check from time to time - I'll check more frequent in anticipation of your e-mail: thewarrens04@att.net

Congrats again & I agree with Jessica - pain free is THE ONLY way to be!

Jon said...

Hey cute girl, congrats. You look great! Parenthood changes everything but it's great all the same. I can't believe my little girl is going to be one in 20 days...craziness. Your blog is cute, thanks for sharing. Love ya, Janel.